Choosing the correct bath is determined by several factors including the space you’re working with and the aesthetic you want to achieve. Not only are stone baths exceptionally stylish, but they also offer a range of benefits. The unique material retains heat longer than a standard tub, they’re also incredibly easy to care for.
Adding a stone bath to your space will instantly give it the grandeur of a luxury hotel. Our selection of signature stone baths are designed with minimal elegance and unrivalled quality in mind. From egg shell and round shapes to square silhouettes and elegant curved lines. Complete your bath with a selection of fixtures and fittings to make it your own.
Stone Resin vs Acrylic Baths – Is stone resin better than acrylic?
When choosing a material for your bathtub, stone resin is a far superior choice in comparison to acrylic. At Lusso, we take every element of design into consideration, from the fine grounding of our stone resin to the production process of our freestanding bath styles, ensuring grandeur is present throughout from beginning to end.
Pro’s of stone baths as opposed to acrylic
- Durability: at 18-25mm thick, stone resin bathtubs are built to last for a lifetime whereas the average acrylic bath has a lifespan of 10-15 years.
- Non-porous surface: no bacteria can set in with a stone resin bath, ensuring a bath that’s impervious to the effects of water as well as being non-porous, giving peace of mind for you and your family.
- Resistance to discolouration: the limestone that we use is purified and cleaned before the grounding process, ensuring that the resin product is of a radiant, natural white finish in comparison to a bleached look of acrylic that’s prone to discolouration and staining. The material is also colour resistant, ensuring it doesn’t lose its colour and remains beautiful for time to come.
- Retaining heat: stone resin is exceptional at retaining heat, resulting in a longer-lasting bathing experience for those who enjoy a long soak.
- Sustainable: stone resin is a naturally sourced material, and as we evolve to do more for our planet, this natural component is a perfect eco-friendly solution. This renewable source also ensures natural replacement and repair, should you ever need it, and if you ever want to discard your bath, stone resin is completely recyclable
How do I choose the right bath shape and style?
Adding a freestanding bath to your bathroom is a great way to create a stunning design feature, but what if you only have limited space? Not everyone has large bathrooms, which is why when choosing your stone bath, you should look for designs that complement the space you have.
A classic oval tub is ideal for larger spaces and can form the central theme of your bathroom. For those with a compact space, a freestanding bath that sits close to the wall works well, as it allows the luxurious aesthetic of a freestanding bath while providing practicality and functionality. This way, you’re maximising the floor space you have, without compromising on the style or quality of the tub. The Consero square bath is a great choice for those looking for a freestanding square stone bath.
There are a variety of options to choose from for those with large bathrooms. The Picasso is our best selling bathtub, renowned for its contemporary curves and modern elegance, it creates a focal point in spacious bathrooms. For a more curvaceous appeal, the Oasis is the perfect choice to create a striking space. Matte white and polished stone are our signature stone finishes along with a selection of our stone baths which come in matte black shades and earthy tones from our silk collection including grigio earth, pebble grey and charcoal. Lusso’s stone baths are available in an array of size options to suit all spaces and interiors from compact shapes to bold statement silhouettes.
If you really want to make the most of the space in your bathroom, why not consider looking at a bespoke bath? By creating a bath designed specifically for your space, you can ensure you get the most out of your bathroom decor plans.
How to style your stone bath?
The next step is to think about what you need your bath for. Obviously, we all enjoy a luxurious soak, but what fittings will you need to ensure it’s practical as well as stylish? The tap choices really make all the difference and before we get into the different finishes you can choose, we’re going to look at the type of bath taps available.
If you have a separate shower in the home, an additional handheld shower may not be a requirement, but sometimes it’s helpful to have a showerhead on hand to rinse hair and to help clean the bath after use. Our wall-mounted bath taps with handheld showers offer style and function, sitting discreetly on the wall instead of intrusively taking over the bath space. Users can enjoy the benefits of a mixer tap and a handheld shower, perfect if you’re looking to save space and time.
If you already have a shower, a simple valve and spout set is suitable for your new bath. You can choose the style that suits your space in both wall-mounted and deck-mounted styles.
Pair your freestanding bath with a freestanding tap for the ultimate in bathroom luxury. A freestanding model with mixer tap and handheld shower offers a contemporary alternative to standard taps, perfect if you’re going for an industrial or minimalist theme.
You’ve picked your bath, you know exactly what taps you want to go with it – now it’s time to start thinking about what decor style you’re looking to create. At Lusso, we offer a wide range of colour options when it comes to bath brassware, from classic chrome and stainless steel to brushed gold, rose gold and sophisticated matte black and gunmetal – there is something to suit all interiors.
Choosing the right stone bath for your bathroom doesn’t have to be a hassle, why not give our experts a call today on +44 (0)203 3704057 and find out how we can help make your space, extraordinary?